I am a skilled and compassionate psychotherapist; I provide folks a place to process toward health and growth. Counseling offers a way out of confusion, pain and suffering. You can shift your thinking, your feelings, and relationship patterns when insights arise in a safe and nurturing relationship with a therapist. It can truly be a life-changing experience!
I have guided many people in exploring challenges, discovering what means most and effecting positive, lasting change in their lives. I can help you find what leads you to greater fulfillment and more satisfying relationships. I can guide you, with EMDR, through processing disturbing memories of traumatic events. It’s an honor for me to do this work.
What I see again and again in my own life and in my years of work with my clients is this: wrestling with life’s challenges can lead to growth and, eventually, more happiness. This is especially true when we grapple with our relationships—with ourselves and with others.
More about me:
I’m the artistic, brainy, meditative type with a corporate and freelance past. For years I helped major organizations create branding identities and marketing communications. I completed a masters in psychology at age 51, starting my second and last profession. I’m married and have experienced the ups and downs of keeping my own relationship rich while raising two kids, running my own business, being active in my community AND trying to find time to make art or stop for yoga.
I geek out on brain studies, current psych theories, TED Talks and anything related to creativity. I’m have advanced training in EMDR, an effective, evidence-based therapy to treat disturbing memories and trauma. I work with doctors to assist with medication management. Non-dual thinking weaves into all my work with people in the form of mindfulness—present-centered, non-judgmental, moment-to-moment awareness. Mindfulness practices elicit insights and information to work with in therapy.
I received a masters in counseling psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies and a bachelors degree in Art History from the University of California Santa Cruz. I interned at Encompass Community Services at the ReTurn Project serving men and women exiting incarceration.
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies, 2012
- B.A. in Art History from the University of California Santa Cruz, 1985
- Alan Schore study group, Berkeley, CA, 2011-2012
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction practicum & intensive, 2013, 2014
- Motivational Interviewing training and study group, Encompass Community Services, 2013
- Insight Santa Cruz Teacher Development Training and Mentoring, 2013–2014
- EMDR Training, Levels 1 & 2, 2014
- ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) patient placement criteria training, 2014
- Psychopharmacology with John Preston PhD, 2013, 2014
- EMDR DeTUR protocol for addictions
- EMDR R-TEP & G-TEP for recent trauma for individuals and groups
Memberships and Affiliations
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Santa Cruz Chapter, full member
- EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) full member
- Insight Santa Cruz, Volunteer & Sit Leader
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC 87951