This is a list of several online mental health resources followed by a list of books I recommend. Visit my Pinterest page for more links to articles, videos, and helpful sites.
- The Couple Connection This site provides a wide range of articles, self-assessment tools, activities, quizzes and exercises and courses to help you to improve and strengthen your relationship.
- Love Is Respect A great resource site created as partnership between Break the Cycle and the National Dating Abuse Helpline.
- National Healthy Marriage Resource Center The NHMRC’s mission is to be a first stop for information, resources, and training on healthy marriage for experts, researchers, policymakers, media, marriage educators, couples and individuals, program providers, and others.
- TwoOfUs.org is a project of the National Healthy Marriage Resource Center (NHMRC), a clearinghouse for quality, balanced, and timely information and resources on healthy marriage.
- Families for Depression Awareness helps families recognize and cope with depressive disorders to get people well and prevent suicides.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance DBSA is a peer-directed national organization focusing on the two most prevalent mental health conditions, depression and bipolar disorder.
- Help for Depression is founded on the belief that a combination of therapies, psychotherapy and medicine, is most often the best approach to treating depression.
- Mindful Awareness Research Center At UCLA, MARC was created to bring to a renowned mental health research institution the ancient art of mindful awareness in a scientifically supported and rigorous form.
- Insight Santa Cruz Meditation and mindfulness practices in the Theravada Buddhist tradition on the west side of Santa Cruz.
The Seven Principals for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman, Ph.D. & Nan Silver
The Science of Trust by John M. Gottman
Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations For A Lifetime of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples by Dr. Sue Johnson
Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples, 20th Anniversary Edition by Harville Hendrix, PhD
Mating In Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
The High-Conflict Couple by Alan Fruzetti
When Good People Have Affairs by Mira Kirshenbaum
I Love You But I Don’t Trust You by Mira Kirshenbaum
Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
Becoming the Parent You Want to Be: A Sourcebook of Strategies for the First Five Years by Laura Davis & Janis Keyser
Postive Discipline by Jane Nelsen
Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman, Joan Declaire, and Daniel Goleman
Reviving Ophelia by Mary Pipher, PhD
Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help your Children Live Together so You Can Live Too by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
Talking with Children About Loss: Words, Strategies and Wisdom to Help children Cope with Death, Divorce and Other Difficult Times by Maria Trozzi with Kathy Massimini
FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
Coming Home to Myself by Marion Woodman and Jill Mellick
Forgive for Good: A Proven Prescription for Health & Happiness by Dr. Fred Luskin
Happiness Is An Inside Job by Sylvia Boorstein, PhD
It’s Easier than You Think by Sylvia Boorstein, PhD
The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Siegal & Jon Kabat-Zinn
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Dr Gabor Maté